Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2015

Bouncing Back: Josiah's Arrival

It's official folks. I've entered back into the land of spit up and poopy diapers. 

Honestly, a huge side of me got excited when I pushed the "New Post" button for this entry. 

Gosh it's been a while, blogging world! How the heck are you?! 

Here's a big chunk of why I've been absent: 


Our handsome Josiah Lee was born on October 1st. 
7 lb. 15 oz. 
20 inches long



Little man decided to make his entrance into this world two weeks early. 


Addy is officially a big sister. 




We've reentered the world of sleepless nights, frequent diaper changes and endless laundry. 


He's a thinker all ready, even if most of his thinking happens during sleep. 




He's already been on several walks...


and compared his belly button with his big sisters (notice his thinking taking place here).


He's had many books read to him by Addy...


been given a few baths from mommy and Addy...


been to the pumpkin patch (although he was thinking...uh I mean sleeping most of the time...)



Mommy has allowed herself a small amount of coffee to maintain some sort of sanity these days...


Josiah had to think long and hard about how he felt about that. 


We've loved having multiple snug sessions. He loves to snug front and center, just like in the womb. 


And he makes sleep look really good...




Mommy has had fun with little boy clothes...



We waited almost four weeks before we gave Mr. Man a bottle of his breast milk. They say to give it time so there's no nipple confusion. Today, we broke that. Josh fed him his first bottle at midnight and Addy fed him a breakfast bottle this morning. But once Josiah pooped two minutes in, Addy was done. "I'm all done, Mama." 


Lastly, this cute little snapshot ended my night. I got both kids in jammies, Addy bathed. Josiah and I went in Addy's room to say prayers and read a few stories before bed. I laid Josiah down, milk drunk as he was with his pacifier in his mouth. In just a few short minutes, Josiah had fallen asleep in his big sisters bed. Precious. 


I'll share more shenanigans as a mama of two littles later on. For now, a brief update will suffice and I should probably get some sleep while they sleep...or at least head that way after some laundry and dishes get done...another day in the life! 

No comments: